SEATTLE, Sept. 13, 2021 – Amazon Canada today announced its commitment to hiring 15,000 full-time and part-time employees across Canada and increasing employees’ wages. Frontline employees will receive $17 per hour to $21.65 per hour with comprehensive benefits starting on day one, including access to health, dental and vision benefits, training and education programs.
Amazon Canada will hire 15,000 full-and part-time employees throughout the fall. Full-and part-time employees will also receive an additional $1.60 – $2.20 per hour, starting immediately, regardless of their tenure with the company.
According to Amazon, every full-time employee, regardless of their position, level or tenure, has access to the same benefits. Some of those benefits include:
- Wages from $17 per hour to $21.65 per hour, with a $100 bonus for new and current employees who show proof of vaccination
- Comprehensive health benefits starting on day one with no waiting period
- RRSP matching
- Stock units
- Kids & Company special packages including a guaranteed spot at Kids & Company Child Care locations within six months of registration, a 10 per cent discount off monthly in-center tuition, waived registration fees, back-up care options and access to virtual workshops and events
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan provided by LifeWorks and available 24/7 to help Amazon employees and their family members feel supported, by phone, online, and in-person
- Access to up-skilling training programs that meet employees where they are, through Amazon’s commitment to invest $75M to skills-train 100,000 Amazonians by 2025
- Additional paid parental leave benefits for eligible employees
All eligible full-time employees have access to Amazon Career Choice, a program designed to help upskill people who are interested in pursuing a future in a high-demand field by covering up to 95 per cent of tuition fees.