Gamescom is returning to Cologne, Germany this August for the first time since 2019! After speculation that many of the major platforms and publishers would not have a live presence at the show, including console competitors Sony PlayStation and Nintendo, XBOX announced a booth and lineup for attendees heading to the largest games expo in Europe.
For those attending in person, the Redmond based game goliath said fans and industry insiders will be able to go hands-on with some of the latest games and updates from Xbox Game Studios, including:
- Pentiment (Obsidian Entertainment / Xbox Game Studios)
- Age of Empires IV (Relic Entertainment & World’s Edge / Xbox Game Studios)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (Asobo Studio / Xbox Game Studios Publishing)
- Sea of Thieves (Rare Games / Xbox Game Studios)
- Grounded (Obsidian Entertainment / Xbox Game Studios)
XBOX will be celebrating third-party partners too, with playable titles in the booth
- A Plague Tale: Requiem (Asobo Studio / Focus Entertainment)
- Disney Dreamlight Valley (Gameloft)
- Gunfire Reborn (Duoyi Games / 505 Games)
- Inkulinati (Yaza Games / Daedalic Entertainment)
- Last Case of Benedict Fox (Plot Twist Games / Rogue Games)
- Lies of P (Neowiz)
- Lightyear Frontier (Frame Break)
- Planet of Lana (Wishfully / Thunderful)
- You Suck at Parking (Happy Volcano)
Visitors to the booth will also be able to get hands-on with the new Xbox App on the latest 2022 Samsung Smart TV. Playing Xbox games on 2022 Samsung TVs will be a seamless experience, similar to using other streaming apps on your TV. Simply launch the app, connect your favorite controller, and start playing.
In addition to getting hands-on with the latest games, attendees will have the chance to become a video game hero. You’ll be able to…
- Come face-to-face with the first boss from Grounded, the Broodmother, a larger-than-life spider 5 meters (17 feet) wide who is looking forward to getting a selfie with you
- Walk the plank with Sea of Thieves
- Fight the Piglins with Minecraft Legends
- Storm the battlefield with Age of Empires IV
- Take a selfie with Starfield’s robot companion, VASCO
Xbox FanFest will host a special event after hours in the Xbox Booth. This event will take place on Wednesday, August 24 from 8:00pm – 11:00pm CEST and gives select fans a chance to beat the crowds and get access to the booth before the show opens to public ticket holders. There’s no better way to connect with others in the Xbox community than being together in-person. Together, fans can enjoy fun booth activities, including meet and greets with game creators.
To enter for a chance to win a ticket to the After Hours Booth Access Event for you and a friend, register as an Xbox FanFest fan at xbox.com/fanfest and opt-in on the exclusives page. Entry period ends August 15 at 11:59pm PT.